Saturday, October 17, 2015

Copy for Paragraph Analysis 2

In this post I will analyze how well I have put my paragraphs together. I am looking specifically at the fluidity of the paragraphs between each other and within the individual paragraphs. Also, I am inspecting how on topic my paragraphs were and how I developed the topic. Here is a link to my copy for paragraph analysis.

Geralt. "Problem Analysis Mark Marker Hand Solution"
3/16/2015 via Pixabay. CCO Public Domain/ FAQ License. 
Focus on a Main Point
I think my paragraphs did a good job of identifying a single main point. For the most part I think my paragraphs also did a good job of sticking to the main idea. However, I did find in some of my paragraphs the reasoning I used to develop the main point was what pulled the paragraph off topic. Therefore, I think it would be beneficial for me to rewrite my paragraphs and making my developing information more concise.

Develops the Main Point 
I think I touched on this above, but my paragraphs did a good job of developing the main point, but they took a very roundabout way to get to the point. When I make my paragraphs more concise I think it will help how my main point is developed in addition to making my paragraphs more focused.

Organizes Itself Internally
While the structure of the paragraph follows no real plan, I think the organization of the paragraphs makes sense in terms of how the information is presented. In particular, the paragraph regarding the credibility of the author was a long description of his background in order to conclude that as a result of his background the stance he took made him more credible. With this paragraph I used both the description organization and the cause and effect structure.

Links Ideas Coherently 
I think within the paragraphs there is enough transitions between the sentences to where the paragraph does flow. In addition to the transitions, I think the sentences were worded to where adjacent sentences connected.

Provides Smooth Transitions 
This is definitely the area where I struggled the most. I felt like the jumps between my paragraphs are kinda awkward and don't flow as smoothly into one another as they could. Therefore, to fix this transition problem I will try to work in some information from the preceding paragraph into the introduction of the next paragraph, and I believe this will help me move smoothly between ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment