Friday, December 11, 2015

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

In the following post I will be reflecting on the work I did for the Open Letter. I will also talk about how peer-editing helped me understand this project more.

Qedem1611. "Christmas Lights Colors Holidays Decoration Water" 6/11/2014 via Pixabay. CCO Public Domain. 
I peer-edited Ayra and Kelly's drafts of their open letters.

1. Did you demonstrate an ability to think about your writing and yourself as a writer?
I think that through my draft I was in fact able to express my thoughts and feelings about myself as a writer and with the work that I am able to produce. I think that my draft did a good job of evaluating the good and bad aspects of my writing process.

2. Did you provide analysis of your experiences, writing assignments, or concepts you have learned?
Yes, I talked about the past writing projects we have completed this year, and I analyzed them to talk about what worked and what did not work for me. I also evaluated how helpful it was to learn about genres and what kind of impact they will have in the future.

3. Did you provide concrete examples from you own writing (either quotes from your writing or rich descriptions of your writing process)?
Yes, I included several hyperlinks to past blog posts that I have completed over the course of the semester.

4. Did you explain why you made certain choices and whether those choices were effective?
I tried to talk about why I made choices the way I did. One particular example is when I talked about how using outlines help me, especially the outline I made for Project 2.

5. Did you use specific terms and concepts related to writing and the writing process?
I used specific words that I thought we emphasized in class like genre and conventions. I also included the specific names we gave to the different types of writers that we could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment