Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

In the following post I will reflect on how my writing process and time management skills have changed from this course.

LeMasney, John. "When in doubt, visit your library" 5/25/2015 via Flickr. CC BY-SA 2.0 License.  
Looking back on my original Writing Style post I realize I was way more optimistic than I should have been. I recognized that I was a procrastinator, but I assumed that I would be able to change this habit. However, I conclude that after my first semester as a college student I am still a procrastinator.

I also had hoped to become a heavy planner, and the original plan was to look at the deadlines on Sunday, and spread out the work throughout the week. This goal has been a little more successful, but I have not been able to space out my writing or assignments as much as I had hoped.

From this course, especially with the large workload that we have had to manage I see that while my time management skills still suck, I am a very motivated and focused student that will get the work done on time, even if it all gets pushed to the last minute.

I think this motivation is harder to teach than time management so I think the skills that I have will be useful for the future in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment