Friday, September 25, 2015

Evaluation of Rhetorical Situations

In this blog post I will be evaluating three sources of opinionated text. I will look at the author and determine how credible they seem, I will also analyze how the text is written and what audience it appeals to, and finally I will investigate the content of the article.

We Collaborate. "Evaluation" 5/25/2015 via Flickr.
Attirbution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License. 

Here is a link to my evaluation of the three acts of public speech.

Reflection 
After reading Isabel  and Morgan's  evaluations of rhetoric situations I learned there is a lot I can add to make my evaluations better.

Isabel gave me some advice on how to evaluate the credibility of a source when very little information can be found about their history and qualifications. In fact the lack of evidence can be used to define their qualifications.

Reading Morgan's post I realized that I forgot to include other articles written by the speaker while evaluating the content and the speaker. Also, the articles that Morgan evaluated were similar in format and length to mine. This made me more confident that the sources I chose would be enough content to do my project.

3 comments:

  1. I like that you used a table to organize your information. It was also smart to use a scholarly source for one of your topics. Overall, I think your information is good, and this blog post will probably help you later in the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The format of your evaluation makes your evaluation effective and easy to understand. It will also help you when you're completing the rest of your project and coming back to use these sources. I like how the sources you use are different from each other. This makes your actual evaluation more interesting and gives you experience with other types of speeches. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After glancing through your articles linked in your blog post, the first one seemed more like a QRG than an argumentative piece. I also couldn't access your second article in the table, as it needed a log in to get to! All in all, I think your third article about energy has the most compelling rhetorical situation. The information you provided was also detailed enough without being too lengthy. Good job.

    ReplyDelete