Friday, September 25, 2015

Identifying Basic Grammar Patterns

In the following post I will evaluate the longest paragraph from my QRG to isolate different grammar patterns. I will be identifying five different types of grammar elements.

Pacres, Jeffrey James. "Writing". 2/9/2009 via Flickr.
Attribution-NonDerivs 2.0 Generic License.  
This activity really forced me to look at the technical content of my writing. I realize that I vary the type of sentence I use much more than purpose of my sentences. I could only identify declarative sentences, partially because I feel a research type document does not have conventions that include using imperative or interrogative sentences.

Also, I can happily report that I do not use pronouns with great frequency, and I thank my former math teacher who hate the use of "it". I think pronouns are easy to omit from writing which makes the text more clear and easier to understand.

Here is a link to my longest paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment