Thursday, October 1, 2015

Cultural Analysis of "Why the Scientific Case Against Fracking Keeps Getting Stronger".

In this blog post I will analyzing the cultural components of my piece on fracking. I will evaluate the cultural implications of my podcast that will eventually be used in my Project 2 Paper.

Here is a link to the podcast "Scientific Inquiry". And here is a link to a transcription of the podcast.


B. Toban. "Fracking and water" 4/8/2012 via Flickr.
Attribution-NonCommerical 2.0 Generic License.  
Cultural Keywords
Some of the keywords used in the text and podcast that I think are cultural keywords are "earthquake," "contamination," and "fugitive methane". These keywords are used to further the author's argument against the use of fracking. The biggest reason the author presents for being anti-fracking is the scientific evidence that shows the correlation between the fracking and earthquakes or higher methane levels in the atmosphere.


No comments:

Post a Comment